This week brings us to Spinach and Tomato Pizza. Who doesn't love a good pizza? I could honestly eat pizza every day, but I do have SOME self-control:)
I used this recipe for the dough, but of course, I did 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 white flour - it gave it a nice hardy flavor and texture.
1 Tbsp Olive Oil (give or take)
2 tsp Garlic Powder
3 Roma Tomatoes (or your favorite)
2 oz Fresh Spinach
3/4 cup Pizza Sauce (I used Prego's all natural)
8 oz Shredded cheese (Mozzarella)
1. Make dough according to instructions. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. Press or roll dough onto desired pizza pan (use non-stick cooking spray).
3. Brush dough with Olive oil and sprinkle with the garlic powder.
4. Spread sauce evenly.
5. Layer tomatoes and then spinach. Top with cheese.
6. Bake at 425 F for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is slightly browned.