Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Excuses, Excuses

"If God loved me, He would not have let things happen to me that hurt me so much."

"If God were real, He would not let so many bad things take place in the world."

"If God was a good God, a kind God, He would make life easier for me. He would take away my pain."

Friends, I too have felt lonely, afraid, disappointed, hurt, and confused. The phrases above are just a few things that some find themselves saying when they consider God's role in life. 

However, until you actually know God, you can never fully understand Him or His role in your life. So, how do you get to know God?

Read the Bible and pray. Sounds too easy? It's not too good to be true. It's the Truth that will set you free.

Many people feel overwhelmed or lack motivation to pick up a Bible and read it. Many are afraid that they won't understand it. Some are afraid that if they do understand it, they will not like what it has to say.

I am my own worst enemy. I also find myself making excuses to get out of spending time with God. But, here's the thing. If I believe God is who He says He is, then how can I NOT spend time reading His Word and talking to Him through prayer?

The Bible teaches that God's Word contains all we need to live. 2 Peter 1:3 states
His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. (NIV)
God has not left us to fend for ourselves. On the contrary. He has provided all we need to make it through this life with hope and joy. This does not mean there won't be pain. This does not mean that there won't be confusion or sadness. It does mean that despite the trials of this life, nothing can defeat those who trust in Christ as their Savior. 

Take heart. Do not be afraid. God's Word is the light in this dark world. In it there is hope, truth, and grace freely given. Do not hesitate to come to Jesus. No one knows the day or hour they may perish. Don't wait. He's there for you.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate