1 Tbsp olive oil
1 small/medium head cabbage
I pkg egg roll wrappers
1 clove, garlic
5 green onions
1/2 cup carrots (shredded - I just guess - it's not an exact science:)
1/4 cup soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Wash and remove the outermost layer of cabbage.
2. Slice cabbage - discard hard white center pieces (see photo right).
3. Chop cabbage into small pieces.
4. Heat olive oil in a large pan or wok over medium heat.
5. Put cabbage into pan and let it begin to cook.
6. In a food processor, place carrots, green onions, and garlic. Chop/grind to desired consistency (I make mine into a fine consistency).
8. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover with lid. Let cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. Add soy sauce, salt, and pepper - stir, and let cook for 5 more minutes.
10. Fill each egg roll wrapper with approx. 2 Tbsp of mixture.
11. Fold egg roll and seal with a little water.
12. Brush with olive oil before baking.
13. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
These are great served with rice and extra soy sauce on the side.
Just FYI, I found a non-gmo (non- genetically modified organisms) brand of soy sauce - woohoo! It's tasty!